Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Addition to the Family

Greetings to all of Jessi's loyal readers. I'm her husband Jared, and if you haven't guessed by now I have hacked into her blog to make an announcement. (Drum roll please....)

I bought a truck. Now for those of you who don't know me very well, believe me this is astonishing news. In fact this is momentous even. For the last 7 years of our blissful marriage, poor Jessi has had to hear me tell the story thousands of times, about how if my Dad ever sold his truck I would buy it in a heart beat.....then put power steering in it. You can't get more patient than her. She grimaced and suffered her way through 7 years of hearing me pine over the fact that I had a little Geo Prizm, and how I wished I had a truck. Of course now she gets to listen to me say how happy I am I have a truck for the next seven years, so I don't know which is worse.

For those of you dying to hear the specs, the wait is over. This baby is a masterpiece of Japanese engineering. The 2008 Toyota Tacoma comes standard with a 2.7 L engine and pumps out an awe inspiring 150 horsepower @ 5200 rpm. The truck has a 5 speed manual transmission, 2 wheel drive, manual windows, manual door locks, a stock radio, basic wheels and gets 20 mpg city and 25 highway. On the splurging side of things, I do have AC, power steering (woot), a bed liner, and a tow hitch.


I know what you are thinking, that is one nice looking truck.

Whelp, thanks for reading, I'm sure Jessi will get around to posting the rest of the France pictures, and maybe some new ones of the girls once we finish getting settled here in Georgia. It is amazing how much work is involved in getting comfortable in a new home.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yes, the base model is a powerful beast. Ha! I shouldn't have told you what my password was.