Monday, February 1, 2010

In Which I Take A Divot Out Of My Thumb

Ok people, behold the thumb.
This too could happen to you if you don't pay attention while chopping garlic. Yes, I had the presence of mind to fish the thumb piece out of the garlic before putting it in the soup. No, I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture of the thumb piece. Although I agree, that would have been awesome. That little black thing up there is the suture the doctor put in. In case you're wondering, the numbing agent did not make it to the tip of my thumb before he started the sutures. Yes, I yelped like a tiny baby. No, the Brazilian Shrimp soup I made on Sunday night was not worth it. It was good, mind you, but not that good.

3 comments:

sasmithfam said...

Ouch!! Sorry to hear you are missing part of your thumb now.;)

A Frost said...

Jessica that is crazy! Thank you for the well wish! He is defintly worth getting laid off for :)

Melody said...

Ooooh, Jessi, that makes me cringe! Hope it's feeling better!